Campus Facilities and Technology at ABS
ABS incorporates 25,000 square meters housing the Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School, and High School departments. The technology-centered campus includes the following amenities:
- Over 100 classrooms
- Campus-wide internet connectivity
- Fully networked classrooms equipped with Promethean Interactive Whiteboards
- 2 swimming pools
- 2 cafeterias serving hot meals, and fresh snack options
- Specialist rooms for culinary arts, music, art, and Islamic studies
- 4 semi-covered playground areas with basketball hoops, soccer goals, and organized lunchtime sport activities
- Outdoor Astroturf soccer-pitch
- Separate buildings for each department
Improved school-to-home communication
ABS’s web portal enhances parental involvement and school-to-home communication. The ABS web portal allows parents instant access to up-to-date progress reports for all subjects studied by their child. Parents can view their children's up-to-date grades, weekly lesson plans, homework assignments, missing assignments, tests, quizzes, attendance details, discipline reports, and more online.
- Secure: Protects private information with managed firewalls and state-of-the-art encryption technology.
- All parents are provided with their own login and password for the ABS website.
- Online grades: Parents can view and monitor their children's assignments, test scores and grades.
- Improved student performance because parents are aware of missed assignments or low grades early on, so problems can be addressed and corrected before they become serious.
- Email alerts: Parents can sign up to receive secure email alerts that notify them when new reports (like grades, financial invoices, and attendance) are posted to ABS website.
- Discipline data is available online for secure and private viewing by students and parents. Parents can log on to securely view the child's discipline information. Clicking on a discipline incident brings up related details.
Culinary Arts is an art as much as Science. In our Culinary Arts Class students learn about food Science, nutrition, chemistry and food production and preparation. Students spend time studying the chemical reactions that take place when certain ingredients are heated, boiled or frozen, and how they interact
with other ingredients to impact the overall outcome of the dish. Culinary students are taught to skillfully prepare meals that are pleasing to both the eye and palate.
ABS offers students a state-of-the-art athletic facility that is unmatched by any private school in Kuwait. The facility is purposely built for separation of male and female students with separate entrances and exits for boys and girls. At ABS, the newly built 2,500 square meter gymnasium includes a heated indoor semi-Olympic size swimming pool, and a 1,200 square meter area for basketball, football, volleyball, tennis, and handball. There are four separate changing rooms, shower areas, and offices throughout the facility.