Housing for Overseas Faculty
All ABS Faculty Apartments are fully-furnished, and single-occupancy
The following items are provided in the Apartments
- Full Sized bed with mattress and fitted sheets, one pillow and pillowcase
- Cabinet with plastic coat hangers
- Dressing table with mirror
- End tables
- Sofa set (3 seater and 1 seater)
- Dining table set with chairs
- Coffee table and end tables
- 20'' inch color TV with Satellite Receiver and TV stand
- Fridge, Electric stove and Microwave
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- Dinner, Cookware and Cutlery set
- Kettle, toaster, glasses, mugs, draining rack, kitchen knives
- Kitchen waste bin
- Broom, Dustpan with brush
- Iron with Ironing Board
- 1 Bath towel and 1 hand towel
- Bathroom waste bin
ABS housing is handed over to you on arrival clean and ready to move into. This same standard is expected on check-out. Particular areas are listed below:
- Kitchen and bathroom thoroughly cleaned and odor free.
- Floors swept and mopped thoroughly.
- All bedding and towels laundered and folded neatly.
- All dishes and utensils must be cleaned and put away neatly in the cabinets.
- The washer and dryer must cleaned on the exterior and interior.
- The stove and microwave are to be clean and be odor free from food residue and grease.
- The refrigerator is to be clean inside and out and be odor free.
- All bins are to be emptied and refuge removed from the apartment.
- The shower curtain is to be replaced with a new one.
An apartment cleaning fee (KD150 for Administrators & KD60 for teachers) will be deducted from salary if your apartment does not meet the appropriate standard on check-out.